1. Develop Your Key Messages- Develop your slogan and mission statement. Let your audience know what you stand for.
2. Have A Solid Online Presence- You need to have a stellar website. Make sure it speaks to the vision of your brand, make sure you have a color scheme. Be creative.
3. Have A Social Media Presence- Use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Vine as ways to engage with your audience, promote your products/service and further create a branding presence.
4. Write A Press Release- Consumers and the media want to know about the latest happenings in your business. Get the word out about your product launch, new service offerings, etc. by writing a content filled press release.
5. Blog, Blog, Blog- Blogging is a great way to increase traffic to your website, enhance your brand and build your credibility as an expert.
6. Host An Event- Put together an event that showcases your services/products. Invite your current customers, potential customers and the media. Partner with companies that support your business model. For instance, if you own a hair boutique, host an event and partner with a clothing line and make-up artist.
7. Speak Up- There is no better way to be visible and promote your brand than speaking in front of a live audience. Speaking engagements allow you to connect with consumers and potential consumers on a personal level while building your credibility and showcasing your expertise.